John 3:3 – “Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” NKJV
Recently I have had a number of people suggest to me that there are “many roads” or “doors” to heaven and that Jesus is just one of them. I declare to you that according to the Bible, as I understand it, their assertion is false and there is Only One Way to the Father and that is through Jesus Christ. The Bible describes Him as “The Door.”
Here the Pharisee Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews questioned Jesus and Jesus began his discussion with the words of the passage listed above. This so caught Nicodemus off guard that he was flabbergasted. That opened the door for Jesus to give him and us some of the most powerful statements regarding God’s purpose and provision for man with regard to Salvation. But the one thing Jesus made clear was This is not Optional!
The New Birth is not like an option on a car that you can take or leave it is an absolute requirement for access to the Father and Heaven. Jesus identified the difference between “natural birth” and “spiritual birth”. Then He comes to one of the most quoted passages in the Bible:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (v. 16)
We stop quoting there but should not. If you consider the verses that follow you see a very powerful truth that we sometimes miss.
- In Verse Seventeen we find the desire, will, and purpose of God is not “condemnation” but “redemption. Will all be saved – NO! So is the will of God “always done” – NO! Man can reject the will and purpose of God as was seen in the Garden of Eden and has been seen through the ages and even in our own lives.
- In Verse Eighteen we find that if we believe which implies receiving the Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross and the fact that He is the Only Begotten of the Father who died for us – we escape condemnation but if we do not believe we are under condemnation already.
- In Verse Nineteen we find an explanation of that condemnation and an understanding of the nature of man outside Christ. The Light or Christ bringing us the Good News (Gospel) and because of the evil nature of man’s heart and his rejection of Jesus men chose darkness and sin over light and redemption.
- In Verse Twenty we find that everyone who practices evil Hates the Light and refuses to come to the light because the light will expose his lifestyle and actions and force him to deal with them. That person tries to remain hidden in the shadows and continue his lifestyle thinking that by being hidden he is somehow escaping the condemnation and judgment to follow.
- In Verse Twenty-One we find that those who love the truth come to the light willingly so that their deeds may be clearly seen and examined by God which opens the door for chastisement and correction because the heart cries out to Please God!
Many religions of the world claim to be roads to Heaven but I declare to you that based on the biblical truth there is ONLY ONE ROAD, One Door, One Way and that is Jesus Christ! So, if you have not accepted Jesus as your Savior I urge you to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to you your lost condition and the offer that God has made through the Sacrificial Work of Christ on the Cross and Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ today! If you do, God says and I say – “Welcome to the Family.”
Will that immediately solve all your problems – NO! But it will give you access to the throne room of heaven and the Father and provide the Holy Spirit a means of “transforming” your life into the Image of Christ. It will be the beginning of your preparation for Eternity with God in Heaven rather than Eternity in Hell. The choice is yours because God’s offer is to “Whosoever will.”
May God bless you is my prayer!